Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Monday, December 16, 2013

 What do I do about these two women.............My marriage is just seven years old. I am 38 while my wife is 32. We have two children and are both working. Until the development I am about to share with you, I enjoyed peace because we both agreed we weren’t going to have any family member stay with us. I actually insisted on this following the break down of my elder brother’s marriage as a result of too many family interferences. But I couldn’t resist asking my twin sister to move in with me when she also developed challenges in her own marriage. Although we aren’t identical twins we have always been very close. I could stand by and watch her suffer at all. I actually went to her husband’s house to pack her things. Our parents were both dead and my elder brother was going through his own challenges so my place was the only one left for her to stay. Besides, she didn’t have money to rent a place of her own just as I couldn’t afford it either because we had just moved into our own house which was an on going project. Even though I admit making the mistake of not first discussing with my wife before bringing my sister home, I thought she would understand the situation. That night, there was nothing she didn’t say to me when I told her that my twin would be staying with us until she was financially and emotionally strong enough to stand on her own after all the house was big enough to accommodate us all comfortably. To say the least I was disappointed with her total response to my sister’s situation. I don’t know if it was informed by hard-line posture against her feelings on the matter but I told her that if she wasn’t pleased with my sister’s stay in the house she was welcome to go. I honestly didn’t mean it the way it came out because over 60 percent of the funds used in building the house, including the plot came from her. I just said that to keep her quiet and communicate the seriousness of my position to her. Unfortunately it caught her on the wrong side because from that point, she withdrew into herself. She stopped asking me anything about the house and when I ask her for financial assistance, she would tell me, she doesn’t have any money with her. She also stopped using the family car I bought and instead started using hers. But the most challenging problem of all is the soured relationship between her and my sister who right in my presence has threatened to beat her up. I know my sister is a handful but my wife is not making things easy by her attitude. She doesn’t communicate with anyone at home except with her children and house-help. Whenever she sees my sister and I discussing, rather than join in, she would either sit or turn back. The last one happened when my sister who doesn’t take too much pepper complained about the quantity of pepper in her food. Instead of my wife apologizing or offering an explanation, she completely ignored my sister who got annoyed and lashed out at her. It was an ugly development because my wife also talked back to her resulting into my sister slapping my wife who also retaliated. The reason I am writing is my wife’s refusal to apologise to my sister. She said she would rather end the marriage than do that. I love my wife but is it too much to ask if I tell her to apologise to my sister who is older than she is? I don’t understand why she is being difficult and stubborn about my sister’s presence in our home. Muyiwa.

No comments:

Post a Comment