Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Saturday, December 14, 2013


My bachelor’s night fling is pregnant for me........... Please help me out of this mess my foolishness on
my bachelor’s eve put me into. You know how it is with men. My friends, in the
spirit of the day, organised a party for me. As is the
custom at such farewell party, I was given a girl to
sleep with that night. It was meant to be my parting
gift to bachelorhood. Unfortunately, less than six weeks into my
marriage, the lady I spent that night with came to
my office last week to announce that she’s
pregnant. I can’t deny the lady because something
tells me she is telling the truth. Besides, I made the
costly mistake of not wearing any protection that night, even dismissed her warnings that she was
unsafe. My state of mind that night wouldn’t have permitted
anything else. I just had to sleep with the lady. In
the first place, apart from being the prettiest woman
there that night, I was tipsy. I simply wasn’t thinking
straight that night. Since telling me her news, I have
not been myself, especially as she insisted she wasn’t ready to abort the pregnancy. Being her first
pregnancy since she became sexually active, you
can imagine the kind of sentiments she has
deployed into this pregnancy. According to her, she isn’t sure of being able to get
pregnant again. There is nothing my friends have not done to
influence her to get rid of the pregnancy, but she
insists on keeping it, declaring that she really
doesn’t need me to provide for her and the child.
According to her, she simply wanted me to know
that I have a child somewhere, and nothing more. Frankly, those who know her all agree that she isn’t
the kind of woman that sleeps around or looking for
a man to tie down. But what do I tell my wife? How
do I explain to her that another woman is pregnant
for me six weeks into our marriage? Since we started dating three years ago, she has
never been pregnant. It was even one of the
reasons I caved in to her pressures to get married
when we did. She was afraid I may end up not
marrying her after all she did for me. She used
money form her parents to set me up. The least I could do was marry her since the doctors we went
to in Nigeria and England certified us medically fit to
have children. I am fearful of her temper. She is capable of doing
anything out anger or jealousy. If she discovers I
got another woman pregnant, she will not only kill
me but the woman as well. She is that terrible when
provoked. When I told my sister, she said I should
plead with the one carrying my baby for help in concealing the identity of the father of her child, but
my elder brother insists I inform my wife about it;
his argument is that it can be better managed now
than if my wife gets to find out later. Both of them
agree that this child is a gift from God which I
shouldn’t reject. How do I handle this situation without ruining my
home?

No comments:

Post a Comment