Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Thursday, April 10, 2014

my husband prefers his dogs to me

My husband prefers his dogs to
me’
It is true that the last beating I gave her landed
her in the hospital, but I don’t want her to leave
me,”a remorseful husband, Ayotunde Asagidigbi,
48, has told a customary court where he is
battling to save his eight-year marriage.
His 42-year-old teacher-wife, Kemi, is praying the
Alakuko Customary Court in Lagos to dissolve
their marriage. Her husband, a dog trainer, she
claimed, loves his animals more than her and
their children.
“He is not appreciative and he beats me
frequently. He has no affection for his children
and does not care about their upkeep. He is fond
of keeping his dogs in my room. All these are why
I want the marriage dissolved,” she pleaded.
Mrs Asagidigbi relived how her husband sent her
away for three months while expecting their first
child, adding that she was dealt with when she
protested the keeping of dogs in her room..
“He strangled me despite his awareness of the
surgery I had few months ago due to thyroid
cancer. He pressed my stomach with his knees,
threatening to kill me. He even said nobody would
hold him for murder. My father once disowned me
when I left him for two years when he nearly
killed me. Following passionate pleas by my
parents, I returned to him; still he would beat me
as if we were not married legally,” the woman
said.
Asagidigbi said it was their last argument that led
to the dislocation of is wife’s right arm.
He said: “I train dogs worth thousands of naira. It
is what I do for a living. I decided to put them in
her room since one of my dogs gave birth, but
she frowned at it. She is too temperamental, and
she shows no regard to my folks, siblings.”
The court President, Chief Godwin Awosola,
punctured Asagidigbi’s claim that he loves his
wife. According to Chief Awosola, such love does
not translate to affection, attention, commitment
and concern for his wife.
He advised the wife’s father who was in court to
ensure amicable settlement of the matter and
adjourned the hearing till May 6

No comments:

Post a Comment