Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Girls Facebook fight leads brutal assault


AKRON, Ohio– A dispute between girls that started
on Facebook, ends with a huge fight, and it’s all
caught on video.
Three teenagers and a toddler were taken to the
hospital and four other teens were taken to jail.
“She just grabbed me by my hair, started punching
me, broke my phone and kicked me and stuff, and
she got off me and another girl came to me and
she started doing the same thing,” said Dominique
Hayden.
The cell phone video is difficult to watch. FOX 8
blurred it and turned down the audio because of
graphic language.
When the punches and kicks stopped flying, 13-
year-old Dominique Hayden had to spend a night
in the hospital. Her twin sister, Deandrea, 15-year-
old friend, Courtney Roberts and a 22-month-old,
who Courtney was holding, needed treatment too.
“She told me to put the baby down and when I
didn’t put the baby down, she grabbed me by my
hair and she pulled me to the ground and she
started kicking me,” said Courtney Roberts.
“She has a swollen eye socket and her blood
vessels are broke in her right eye. She has a little
bit of swelling on the brain. She has a neck injury
and she has a dislocated hip,” said the twins’
mother, Christina Hayden.
Akron police said the fight happened Sunday
afternoon in a parking lot near West Wilbeth Road.
They said it was sparked by an earlier dispute
online. The twins said they were trying to give
advice to a Facebook friend, who they didn’t know
personally, but felt she had posted an
inappropriate picture.
“Me and my sister, we both were trying to tell her
that it’s not lady-like to do that and that you
shouldn’t, I mean, you shouldn’t put yourself out
there of Facebook like that,” said Deandrea
Hayden.
“You’re gonna get talked about or something, so
don’t do that to yourself,” said Dominique Hayden.
Akron police said Rainahja Wray-Johnson, 19,
drove three other teenage relatives, two 14-year-
olds and a 15-year-old, to fight the girls over the
posting, while someone recorded it.
They charged all four with felonious assault, and
charged Rainahja with criminal damaging for
destroying Dominique’s cell phone.
“She just really needs to be punished and so do
the other girls because, if this goes unpunished,
then this is gonna happen over and over and over
again,” said Courtney Roberts’ mother, Shelly Isley.
Akron police said Wray-Johnson remains in
custody. Christina Hayden said her daughter,
Dominique, will have to undergo therapy for her
hip injury and more tests on her brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment