Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Thursday, May 1, 2014

Meet the teenage girl who hasn't eaten for 5years because her stomach is paralysed

Ayllah-Beau Foley, from Cheltenham, has gastroparesis which means she has to be
fed nutrients through a tiny feeding tube directly into her heart
This teenage girl's paralysed stomach means she hasn't eaten a meal in almost FIVE
YEARS.
Ayllah-Beau Foley suffers from gastroparesis - a rare condition which paralyses the
stomach muscles.
The 19-year-old from Cheltenham is only fed nutrients through a small tube directly
to her heart.
"Having this condition has really changed my life," she said. "I can't sit down for
meals with my family anymore, I can't eat out with my friends - I can't even tuck
into a Sunday lunch.
See Also: What Mark Zuckerberg means when he says he loves you
"I have a twin brother, Jordan, but we can't eat cake together on our birthday - if I
tried I'd just be sick.
"It is really hard but I try and stay positive, and I just hope I can beat this horrible
illness one day."
Ayllah-Beau's condition first developed when she returned from a volunteering
project in India.
Beau said: "I was so excited to go to India with school and I couldn't wait to get out
there and get stuck in.
"But when I came back I just felt awful and started to get really ill.
"I assumed it was just food poisoning I'd picked up out there, but it just got worse
and worse."
It soon became clear that Beau needed medical attention, and her parents took her to
the doctors.
Beau's worried mum and full time carer, Christine, said: "At first we assumed that
Beau just had Delhi belly - something that she'd picked up when she was out there,
but she wasn't getting any better.
"Eventually we took her to the doctors but they seemed stumped too.
GO TO PAGE 1 2 3 Next »

No comments:

Post a Comment