Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Thursday, February 6, 2014

It happens


     GIVING BIRTH CHEATING Shameless star Tina
Malone wants
another baby despite
dramatic birth at age
50 which could have
killed her TINA MALONE 1 day ago The Mirror columnist, famous for playing
'Mimi' Maguire in the TV drama, says she
does not want baby Flame to grow up a
single child Miracle baby born
three months early
weighing just 2lb
allowed home to be
with delighted mum
and dad BABIES 4 days ago Claire McGilligan thought she would never
have another child after being diagnosed
with a womb defect, but baby Lukas has
become her 'little miracle' Front page Most Read In pictures News Football 3AM Sport TV Opinion Lifestyle Money I've had two children
with my best friend's
dad and she's
disowned us - but we
don't care Jemma Wilson even had her best mate's
mum as her birthing partner - and didn't tell
her the truth for five months Jemma Wilson grimaced through another
contraction and gripped the hand of her
birthing partner. Caring Vicky Overton, stepmum to Jemma’s
best friend, never left her side for two days
as she helped ease the pain. But all the time the new mum had a shocking
secret that made a mockery of that
kindness. Because the man who got her
pregnant was Vicky’s husband. The father of her best friend Danielle. At 20, Jemma had fallen into a drunken one-
night stand with Adrian Overton, 17 years
her senior and a man who had known her
since she was a toddler. Danielle and Vicky didn’t find out the truth
until five months after the baby was born
when Adrian left home to move in with
Jemma. The couple have two sons now – Jayden,
five, and Bailey, four – and they are defiantly
unrepentant. “There’s no point in regrets,” says Jemma,
now 27. “It’s one of those things. Adrian
wasn’t happy with Vicky. Maybe we shouldn’t
have got together when they were still
married but it happened and there’s nothing
I can do to change that. "I’ve got my boys now. They’re the only thing
that matters.” Adrian, 44, adds: “Two years prior to Jemma
coming along Vicky didn’t want me. Our
marriage was over, so in my eyes I didn’t do
anything wrong.” Jemma, a nail technician from Huddersfield,
West Yorks, was three when she first met
Danielle, then one. They were inseparable
as they grew up together. “We went to the same primary school and
then high school. I saw her as a sister,” says
Jemma. Best friends: Danielle and Jemma when
growing up together In 2001 they lost touch when Jemma moved
away. But six years later she moved to the
street where Danielle lived with her dad and
stepmum Vicky. “Me and Danielle became close again,” she
recalls. “We’d go out to the cinema together
or drinking.” She also got on well with Adrian and Vicky,
who had wed three years earlier. “When Danielle used to go out to her
boyfriend’s I’d still go round because I’d
made friends with them too. Adrian
remembered me as a child but to be honest
I didn’t remember him." “They used to argue a lot,” she adds. Which
explains why she and Adrian, a PC engineer,
started spending time alone. “I had a two-
bedroom house so he used to stay in my
spare room.” She insists that, at 20, she didn’t have
feelings for him. “I didn’t see him in that way
at all. He was a lot older, the same age as
my mum.” But Adrian was very attracted to her and as
they spent one evening together he made
his move. “He said Vicky had thrown him out and
asked if he could stay,” Jemma recalls. “We
were watching TV and talking over a bottle
of wine, like friends do. Then he leaned over
and started kissing me.” No going back: With Bailey and Jayden “I didn’t feel guilty,” Adrian insists. “I’d been
sleeping on the sofa for a while. Vicky didn’t
want me and I didn’t want her. I just had
nowhere else to go.” Though deep down she knew it would hurt
her best friend, Jemma didn’t resist. “I’d had
too much to drink and just went with the flow.
Afterwards I went to bed and he stayed
downstairs. "It only sunk in in the morning. He’d already
gone home when I came down. And when I
next saw him we acted as if nothing had
happened.” Seven weeks later a test revealed she was
pregnant, but even then she didn’t think of
Danielle or Vicky.vvvvvv “They didn’t come into my head, to be honest,” she admits. “I had to focus on the baby.” Rather than tell Adrian face-to-face she sent
him a text. And she told Danielle she’d had a
one-night stand with a stranger. “She kept
asking me who he was and where he lived
but after a while she stopped.” At that point Jemma didn’t want any
romantic involvement with Adrian but he
went with her for the scans, saying he was
visiting relatives. Vicky, unaware of their
betrayal, even helped pick out baby clothes.
And it was Vicky that Jemma shamelessly turned to when she went into labour. “I was walking my dog when my contractions
just started,” she recalls. “I went round there
because I didn’t know what the pains were.
She was supportive, telling me to breathe.
Adrian was there too. “I was in so much pain I let her come with
me to hospital. I was in labour for two days
and she never left my side once. I feel a bit
bad about that now but at the time I didn’t
really care. She even cleaned Jayden and
was the first one to hold him.” New mum: Jemma with Jayden Vicky insisted that the new mum stay at her
house rather than go home on her own.
“When he was first born, I didn’t have a clue
what I was doing,” Jemma explains. “I didn’t sleep properly and I wasn’t eating
properly. Vicky used to help look after him
and feed him. Danielle doted on Jayden and
bought him a baby seat.” Seeing Danielle holding her secret half-
brother didn’t prompt any remorse in
Jemma. She was thinking about Adrian. When Jayden was two months old she was
in the same room as him and Vicky when
she sent him a text to say she now had
feelings for him. With Vicky sitting right by
him, he replied saying he felt the same. “A couple of days later Vicky was out
shopping,” says Jemma. “We kissed and it
just felt right.” Three months later Jemma moved out of the
home were she had been shown so much
kindness and Adrian brazenly went with her. She recalls: “I texted Vicky, telling her we were together and I was sorry. I did feel bad a bit – but not much. “Vicky must have told Danielle because a
few days later they came round calling me a
marriage wrecker and all sorts.” Vicky, 39, has now divorced Adrian and his
daughter Danielle, 25, has two children –
grandchildren he has never met. Jemma says: “As far as I’m concerned my
boys don’t have a sister. I don’t feel sad
about it.” Adrian adds: “I haven’t bothered with
Danielle for years. If I never see her again it
will never bother me.” Jemma with Adrian: 'I felt bad a bit about his
wife Vicky, but not much' The couple got engaged four years ago but
have no immediate wedding plans. Jemma, incredibly, says: “I think the only
reason I have feelings for him is because
I’ve had his kids. If it wasn’t for me getting
pregnant I don’t think anything would have
come of it.” Asked if he’s in love with Jemma, Adrian
says: “I wouldn’t quite put it like that but
obviously there was Jayden, then she got
pregnant with Bailey so I’ve done the right
thing.” It’s a long way from love’s young dream. Vicky, meanwhile, had nothing to say on the
issue and Danielle would only tell us: “As far
as I’m concerned, my dad and Jemma are
dead. They don’t exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment