Entertainment, Fashion, Beauty, Lifestyle, News, Events, Insights and Inspirations, Share your thoughts and experiences …..

Sunday, October 5, 2014

Husband of two wives impregnates 16-year-old daughter

Husband of two wives
impregnates daughter, 16
■ Victim delivers baby ■ Father remanded in
prison
A father from hell, 42-year-old Segun
(surname withheld) who allegedly
impregnated his only daughter (name with­
held), a 16-year-old JSS 2 student in Igbeti,
Oyo State is now in prison custody for
committing the abominable act.
It was gathered that the sordid story began
on December 1, 2013 at Gboro compound,
Igbeti, when the suspect was said to have
asked the victim to come and live with him.
Thirteen years earlier, he had divorced the
mother of the victim, who was about three
then. After the divorce, the mother took cus­
tody of the victim and then remarried. Much
later, the victim began living with her father.
Continuing the tale, Oyo State Commissioner
of Police, Mr Kola Sodipo revealed that on
the fateful night, Segun demanded that the
victim should undress. She refused and
attempted to escape. He threatened her with
a cutlass and then raped her, unconcerned
about the excruciating pain she felt, being a
virgin.
The evil father continued the sordid deed
thereafter, and this prompted the girl to
report to her stepmother who lived in a
different house but she didn’t take the
matter seriously due to the shameful nature
of the act.
Recounting how her ordeal started and what
transpired after, the victim told Sunday Sun :
“I was living with my mother until 2013
when my father asked me to come and live
with him. On December 25, 2013 my father
woke me up and asked me to remove my
clothes but I refused. He drew a cutlass and
threatened to kill me if I didn’t do his
bidding. I removed my clothes and he
forcefully had sex with me. He was the first
man to sleep with me because I had never
had sex before then. I reported the ugly
incident to one of his two wives who is a
nurse and she promised to ask him but I
don’t know whether she asked him or not.
“In March 2014, he did the same thing again
and I ran to the house of his second wife
and reported to her. She asked me to swear
to an oath with the Bible but I refused since
I knew I was speaking the truth. I started
sleeping in her apartment. In April, he came
and asked me to return to his apartment to
do some things for him but I refused to go.
His second wife, however, put pressure on
me to answer my father’s call as he wanted
me to do some things for him at home. I
followed him after much pressure.
“During Easter celebration on April 18, 2014
he had sex with me again. All this while I
didn’t know I was pregnant because I had
my last menstruation in December 2013. My
stepmother suspected that I was pregnant
and took me to a clinic at Igbeti where a test
showed I was pregnant.”
Sunday Sun gathered that The matron of the
clinic informed the victim’s grandfather that
his son had impregnated the daughter. The
suspect denied the allegation and began mal­
treating the girl.
On what followed thereafter, the victim said:
“The case was reported at the police station
on April 30, 2014 and I started living with
my paternal grandfather. I was taken to
General Hospital Igbeti, where my mother
pleaded with the doctor to abort the
pregnancy, but the doctor said he would not
do it. After I delivered the baby and my
grandmother was told the baby looks like
father, my father ran away.”
She explained further: “When the pregnancy
was confirmed, the Divisional Police Officer
(DPO) and the Divisional Crime Officer (DCO)
were the ones who purchased the baby
clothes and other things needed. They also
paid the hospital bill. I am appealing to the
public to come to my assistance and help
me finish my education. I am in JSS 2.”
According to Sodipo, an ultrasound scan
done on May 1, 2014 at Bethsaida Hospital
showed that the pregnancy had reached four
months. The baby was delivered on
September 16, 2014.
Sodipo futher told Sunday Sun that the
Medical Director of the General Hospital
advised that DNA test should be carried out
to determine the paternity of the child but
said it could not be done until six months
after delivery of the baby.
In the course of investigation, the police
were able to smoke out the suspect as
Sunday Sun learnt from the Oyo State Police
Public Relations Officer, Olabisi Okuwobi-
Ilobanafor, who also confirmed the arrest of
the suspect.
The suspect was thereafter arraigned before
the Chief Magistrate Court at Kisi presided
over by Chief Magistrate Usman Isiaku. He
was subsequently remanded in Oyo Prison
and the case adjourned to October 24, 2014.

No comments:

Post a Comment